Shipyard Competent Person (SCP)
Prior to enrolling in this course participants should have general knowledge of the structures, spaces and systems of vessels. At the completion of this 3 day course individuals will be able to:
- Carry out instructions and perform tests as directed by the Marine Chemist.
- Understand 29 CFR 1915 standards.
- Perform tests, calibrate and use test equipment, interpret test results, and maintain test records.
- Have the ability to inspect, test, evaluate spaces, and determine the need for further evaluation by a CIH or CMC.
- Be able to perform the tasks specific to the SCP outlined in 29 CFR 1915.
Registration forms for upcoming classes (click on dates for Registration Forms):
October 5, 2017 South Seattle College
October 11, 2017 Fremont Maritime Services
November 2, 2017 South Seattle College
November 8, 2017 Fremont Maritime Services
December 7, 2017 South Seattle College
December 13, 2017 Fremont Maritime Services
Call or e-mail for a free, laminated copy of calendar suitable for posting at your office.
Directions to South Seattle College, Georgetown Campus
6737 Corson Ave. S, Seattle, WA
Click here for downloadable copy. Click here for a link to Google Maps.
Directions to MITAGS (formerly Fremont Maritime Services)
1900 W. Nickerson St, Ste 200, Seattle, WA (Fishermen’s Terminal)
Click here for a link to Google Maps.